2015年8月29日星期六

A Physician’s Diary - Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital

September 16, 2011 overcast to cloudy
Another patient with Uremia, be quick! Take ECG (electrocardiogram)!……take dialysis!……
Having been working at Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital for more than 5 years, I have seen so many patients suffering from Renal Failure. In the midnight, we go to sleep, while she has to sit on the bed breathing oxygen, because of her Heart Failure caused by Renal Failure, she is choking together with painful expression on her look.
The night is so quite that I can hear the sound of oxygen which can be rarely heard generally, but tonight the sound is harsh and makes me hardly sleep. Even her dependents have fallen asleep, her breathing sound accompanying with her as well as me who is smoking in the office.
She has Kidney Disease for nearly 10 years, and there is nothing but barely wall in her family due to Renal Failure. Her son is preparing for marriage, which has to be stopped to sell the house for treating mother’s Renal Failure. Her belly is very tough and as big as a pregnant woman. Due to her big belly, she has to sit on the bed, one leg on the bed and the other hanging.
I wonder what I should do when physicians meet such patients, how to reduce their pain as well as to lower their burden from financial problem. ‘As long as she is alive, we have a family, and we can not lose her’, was said to me in tears, and these words said by her dependants made me realize what heavy duties I have. Help more patients reduce their pain and give more families happiness!

If you have any questions about kidney disease , you can sent your cases , Our kidney expert will reply as soon as possible . I hope you'll get well soon !

没有评论:

发表评论

web